Oh my word, I have been holding out for three years taking on this project. We went to Disney three years ago (!!!!!) and it has taken me this long to get motivated on it. So today I have two videos for you. The first is how I am approaching this project and some of the products I plan to use. Here, take a look!
The second video I am releasing today is the walk-thru of the video as it is right now. I am using a Project Life album and Project Life page protectors, and so because of that I went ahead and placed all the photos into the album itself. So this is the video showing this at its starting point.
So since there were two videos for this album, I won’t make this a long blog post. However, there are a few things I wanted to photograph to highlight.
The pages right now are just photos, ready for the cards and embellishments to be added. This has allowed me to plan the number and arrangements of the layouts themselves, and also to plan where I want enlargements.
This layout using a larger photo of the castle is a direct scraplift from Sahlin Studios.
Something that I wanted to feature prominently in my album are the maps that we used to get around the parks. I find they are so colorful and fun and contain important time capsules. They show exactly what the park contained at that time, what was available to see and do. These maps can be found just by Googling and you can find them by year as well. This one is the 2013 one and is specific to the holidays (also a bonus!)
Another challenge, I guess, with this album, was how to work with the vertical photos I took on this trip. Most of my photos were horizontal, and in that case Design A works great. But for the vertical photos I used Design D, and made sure to put vertical photos back to back. That means that events where I took vertical photos had to be arranged back to back, with Design D in between.
Alright, so that is the beginning! I plan to add journal cards next, so look for another post about that next week!